About Me

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fishing Season and Good Times...

September 1 marks the official beginning of fishing season in Turkey. Today, a close friend of mine invited me over for the season's first Atlantic Bonito , (Palamut in Turkish) feast. She fried the Palamut since it is not fatty enough at the moment. I have not been eating fish during the summer except for canned tuna and sardines and I have realized I missed fresh fish.

I usually broil all sorts of fish instead of frying them. Frying is both messy and the fish smell takes over the entire apartment for quiet a few days.

The best part was to dine with good friends, chat about all sorts of different things and have a relaxed night. I feel blessed when I think about my friends. I am happy to be surrounded by many thoughtful individuals who brighten my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment