About Me

Monday, January 7, 2013

Homesick...

I came to Ankara almost three weeks ago and I am homesick. I must go to Izmir to work at the Customer site tomorrow. I will be coming back to Ankara on Wednesday night.

I am planning to go back home to Istanbul on Friday but, there is a snow storm hitting Istanbul and mountains of snow is expected in many places around the country. I do not know what the road situation will be. I hope I can go back on Friday. If not we will have to wait for the weather to get better. I am sick of rotating the same clothes and sleeping in a bed that is not my own. I miss my home. Although, mom's home is as comfy as can be, I want to be at my own place.

Mom is coming with me so, it will be a little different than what I am used to but, we enjoy each other's company.

I left my family home at the age of 22 to go to New York and live there. I was hired by a multi-national joint venture and it was the first time I would be living on my own, the first time I would be abroad and even the first time I would be on an aircraft. It was an exciting time which taught me to shop for one instead of four, track and pay bills on time, manage my budget and run a home. I loved being on my own and I still do.

As I am writing this, it started to snow in Ankara as well. We'll see if I will be able to fly to Izmir tomorrow. It is tea time for mom and me so, we can enjoy our tea watching the snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment