About Me

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Want my home back!

The bathroom renovation is done and it is time for the paint job. Tomorrow the contractor is coming in and he estimates he will be done in two days. On Sunday my dear cleaning lady promised to come and help me. God bless her! She is taking care of her baby granddaughetr during the week so, she wouldn't be able to come during the week and I will be travelling next week anyway.

The apartment is a mess. Everything is in a place where it doesn't belong.

I had the last two heaters taken down today. I had replaced the others so, now the remaining two will also be replaced after the paint business.

I now need to go and purchase some papers to use as curtains since I am going to take down all of the curtains early tomorrow. I keep moving stuff to the closed balcony which has been painted early this year.

I am drained both physically and financially. I will be over the budget by about 1000 TL in general. The bathroom project was under budget by 400 TL but other things keep popping up here and there. For instance, I forgot about the carpets that need to be cleaned. It is not a lot of money but stuff add up quickly. I just called the cleaner to arrange for a pick up today.

I am so looking forward to have the paint done and have the home put back together. There are some minor expenses I am planning but, I will not be doing anything major.

I went to see the upholstery guy the other day. I must say he did a terrific job. He is keeping my love seat, TV Chair and dinner chairs until I get the apartment cleaned. That was one of the unplanned expenses but I think, it will be worth it.

My apartment was not presentable for a very long time and all these repairs have become necessities.

I am planning to re-do the entrance, the kitchen and the balcony tiles in 2015. I may end up changing the flooring in other parts of the apartment too because the floors are squeaky. The contractor I had hired when I bought the apartment did a clumsy job. Anyway, that is too far off and I will make a good budget and save all the money required before I pull the trigger on those.

Writing about all this made me tired so off I go to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment