About Me

Friday, February 21, 2014

As time goes by...

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of my dad's passing. It was a pretty emotional day for me. I cried a couple of times as if he died yesterday. I was 27 when he suddenly passed away due to a ruptured aorta. My mom became a mess for quiet a while and my sis was a 20 year old still at college. It felt very heavy for me to attend to every detail and go through the funeral and all that.

Luckily mom emerged from the situation stronger than ever and claimed her place as the head of our family.

20 years is a lot of time and looking back, not much has happened. Yes there were job changes, city changes, my sister's marriage, death of my grandparents and two of my three uncles, but it was just life you know? We all fell into our own routines and yet kept a tight family bond and life just happened without us realizing.

Mom is now getting old although she is still a baby when compared to her parents. My grandmother passed away when she was 81 and my grandfather when he was 89. Mom is "only" 71 this year:)

However, I also realized that I am afraid to lose my own life too. After all my father's father was 49 when he passed and my father only 54. Here I am almost 47!

I think I am getting weird as time goes by...

No comments:

Post a Comment