About Me

Friday, October 14, 2016

Walking Distance!

Last night, I walked to the Studio apartment from work. It took me 34 minutes and 3047 steps. A total of 2.2 km. Well, my back hurt, I was cold and I had to stop to take a break twice! It wouldn't take 34 minutes if I didn't stop.

Today, I called a colleague and told her that I was heading to work and as she was passing by she could stop to get me. I walked more than half of the distance without stopping by the time she came by to get me. So, YAY ME!

I am planning to walk to and from work at least three days next week. I will up my distance slowly since I do not want to overdo this and cause an injury.

I realized that I am in real bad shape. It is not just the weight. I must be able to walk for a full hour without stopping before I start any other form of exercise.

Over the weekend, I am planning to walk too. I have become way too lazy.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, good for you! I think that's a great idea, walking is the most natural form of exercise and it's amazing what it can do for you on a regular basis. 34 minutes is a reasonable distance and I think you'll be amazed at how quickly it gets easier for you. I'm currently housesitting an hour's walk from work - am definitely considering the walking option, at least one way (although bus far costs the same one way as it does for a return). Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete