About Me

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Still up in the air!

Some of you may remember that my boss is trying to sell the company for a while now. It looks like we are getting sold this time but you never know till the deal is signed and sealed and money has changed bank accounts.

As much as I try fighting this off, it still gets to me. My boss told me that they want to keep me on board but that there will be an assesment within the next three months. What does that mean? After 29 years in the workforce, I am not worried about my resume or who I am as a professional but, what happens after the assesment? Will they try demoting me? Will they offer a pay cut? Or will they offer something better?

I do not believe that any person at any organization is indispensable. Every shoe can be filled in time. I am trying to focus on what I am bringing to the table in case they ask me. I am also brushing up my resume so that once they invite me for the assesment, I will have it ready.

Every month I get to keep my job is a positive thing for my savings so, I will try to be open-minded and cooperative towards the new people. However, I do not know how they will be towards me.

This IS getting to me...



1 comment:

  1. Ugh! So frustrating when you have zero control. Having said that, however, you seem fairly 'zen' about it. I think that's definitely down to the fact that you're so well organised financially and comfortable in your home and what you have. There are many who are not so well off. Hate the waiting game but have my fingers crossed for you! xx

    ReplyDelete