About Me

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Stress and weekend plans

I am not feeling stress at the moment at all but, all that has been happening around me must be getting to me somehow.

I am a high blood pressure patient. Despite the fact that I have been taking my prescribed medicine diligently, I started experiencing elevated levels of HBP.

I made an appointment with my doctor next week.

I keep saying I am not feeling stress but when I sit down and think about it; loss of our beloved colleague, the due diligence and the closing of the quarter are all causes of stress.

Today I am at my primary residence and the cleaning lady has come. I rested all day long sleeping most of the time. I am not feeling the tension today and my head cold is getting better.

I need to go buy myself some good pillows. I must give away three old ones and get new ones. Two for myself for both homes and one for my guest bed. Checked all the pillows at home and did some research online and pretty much determined what I would like to get but I must see them in person. Since I am very allergic, my pillows must be washable in hot water. Mom uses the guest bed the most and she prefers cotton pillows. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to drag myself out of the bed and have a somewhat normal day.

I have decided to grab a large trash bag and fill it with random stuff in drawers and medicine cabinet. I know I have some creams and what not that definitely need to be thrown away. I was matching some minimalists the other night and although I cannot become a minimalist, I can throw out what I do not need and minimize clutter.

That is all that I have planned for the weekend. If I can manage more that will be icing on the cake.

4 comments:

  1. You mentioned that you have a head cold.

    I don't know if you are taking anything for it or not, but you should be aware that many over-the-counter cold remedies are well-known to cause an increase in blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that but yes, I am aware of that and that is why I am not taking anything except for vitamins. A lot of people do not know that.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon! It's good you made a doctor appointment to have your BP checked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am better today. I am still coughing but that is only expected I guess.

      Delete