About Me

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Assesment is OVER! YAY!

Yesterday, I walked in the assesment center at 9:20 precisely 10 minutes before my appointment. I was greeted by some nice young ladies who brought me cofee, water and made me comfortable.

First I was given a case study where I had to come up with a day's schedue as a pretend CEO. I had to delegate tasks, postpone tasks and take care of some personally. That was an easy exercise for me.

Next, I was given another case that I needed to study to deliver a Go-to-Market Strategy for a pretend firm as a pretend consultant. That was somewhat more difficult.

After that, I had a role-playing session with a person where I was the boss and she was a difficult employee.

After all these, we had lunch and then the lady in charge gave me THE FEEDBACK. She congratulated me for my competence level. She told me, that was beyond any expectation. I guess the average must be so poor that I, quiet a normal being is treated as such. I am 50 and I have been in the workforce for 29 years. I am supposed to be competent at what I do. It is not an extraordinary thing.

She also told me I had such an analytical mind that I lack EQ. My EQ is supposedly below the average. She told me that I neither read my own feelings nor others' feelings. And I am like what's got feelings to do with all this? Lol! Come to think of it, yeah I do act out of logic.

So, apparently, I have to work on my EQ.

Thank God this is over!

3 comments:

  1. Phew! You must be glad that's over with. Sounds like you did really well, despite the 'lack' of EQ, which I imagine you must have when it's needed. You just have a much more 'black and white' view of things, which is not a bad thing, and is sometimes welcome in a world where feelings (and how easily they can be hurt) seem to have come to the fore. It's not a bad thing, just a bit more challenging. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it went well! I'm sure it will all work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your EQ is your lowest score. Maybe they don't think anyone should go away feeling competent. Maybe they have to find something wrong with everyone. If that is your lowest score, it still might be a good score/trait.

    ReplyDelete