About Me

Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Boss Said

This is the translation of my boss' announcement to the people who weren't at the office:

Dear Friends,

I would like to share with you that, yesterday I signed an agreement to transfer all my shares in the company to ACME Venture Capital.

Why? Because, the serious illness I had 3 years ago forced me to try to stay away from stressful situations. That is why Miss T'Pol has joined us, and has taken some of my responsibilities over and thus, I was able to cut my working hours as you may have noticed. In addition, switching off my phone and staying away from e-mail from time to time and taking long vacations were other precautions I have taken to keep away from stress and to avoid the recurrence of my illness.

I have taken this decision for two reasons. First, whatever I did, I could not learn to work without stress. I tried but I guess I cannot change that much. Second, I was anxious that my difficulties would slow down the progress of our company. I could not drive an organization which must move rapidly while working the way I was and that would be unfair to all of you.

As a result, I will be with you till the end of this year or till the end of January 2018. Our current operations and team will stay the same and even get larger.

On this strong foundation ACME will invest in "X", "Y" and "Z" to take our company to a new level.

I am sure there is no need to say that my door is open for all your questions.

I hope this will bring luck and prosperity to all of us.

6 comments:

  1. W0W! That is certainly a nice letter that gives you lots of cachet. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that I can post this comment.

    Sounds like things are moving in a positive direction, and good for your boss for making his health a priority over work.

    The only thing I worry about when a new company (or boss) takes over is when someone says, "We're not going to change anything. It's all working well already," It's always been my experience that hearing that, or something like it, means that BIG changes are coming, most likely sooner rather than later. Fingers are crossed that your company's transition is a smooth one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there will be lots of change. It would be naive to think otherwise. However, since change is something most people dread, we are trying to downplay that aspect for now.

      Delete
  3. I think it says a lot about him as a person that he would write such a personal letter to everyone. I also think it says a lot about him that he's wise enough to take his health into consideration about this process. He obviously values you very highly, so I hope the new owners follow suit and rely on your experience and relationship with the staff to make this as easy as possible for everyone. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I need all the best wishes I can get:)

      Delete