About Me

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Chalk Paint II


Last weekend I tried my hand in painting two small folding coffee tables before attacking the larger piece. Below are the before and after pictures but I haven't waxed them yet. The color is called Versailles and it is not as white as it looks. It has a yellow-greenish tint to it. Once waxed, I think it will look just a bit darker.

I applied two coats of paint and I love the fact that, nothing needs any prep work such as sanding.

I will share better and final pictures hopefully this weekend. So far, I am happy with the result. I just do not know how the large TV unit will turn up.




5 comments:

  1. No prep? That's great. I cannot wait to see the finished products. Good job. And, it will save money. Do the trays sit on top of the flat table or on the crossed legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the trays sit on the crossed legs, the other is attached to the legs. The one that is detachable was made by my late uncle so, it has a lot of sentimental value.

      Delete
    2. I thought they were a different style, yet similar. The one that has the attached top is what we call TV trays. The idea is that you can eat in front of the TV. They came singly or in sets if you could afford them, with a holder to sit four tables into. Actually, they still do. I like the idea of the tray, the one your uncle made. I could fix my food on the tray in the kitchen and carry it to wherever I intended to eat.

      Delete
  2. Click on the photo for the enlarged version! Lovely! I like the colour though the wax will change that somewhat. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The color is somewhat lighter than what I had in mind but the darker shades were not quiet right so, I had to go with this. May be the wax will make it just right.

      Delete