About Me

Friday, December 1, 2017

Chalk Paint

I have a TV stand bought way back in 1998 that I was planning to replace but, I could not find anyting to replace it at my price range. Then I came across Chalk Paint. It apparently clings to many surfaces and seems like a pretty good solution to my problem.I like the TV stand but some of it's finish is scraped over time and since it is not made of good wood, other paints will not work.

I have decided to try my hand in painting this TV stand and two small folding coffee tables. If I can manage it, I will be able to save a significant amount of money.

I like the TV stand but some of it's finish is scraped over time and since it is not made of good wood, other paints will not work.

I am not a handy person but I have watched some videos and decided to try. I will paint one of the coffee tables first to see if I can do it well enough before jumping in to paint the large TV stand.

Some friends of mine are doing a really great job transforming their furniture and I always envied their talent. Wish me luck. I will share photos.

5 comments:

  1. Painting is fairly straight forward. Don't load too much paint on the brush and maybe scrape some off on the can. Only stick the brush about an inch into the paint. Otherwise, you will be fighting drips and runs. Good luck. You will have new furniture soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try chalk paint. I have a little wooden side stand/table that needs refinished. I look forward to seeing your before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan! I've read a lot about chalk paint but have never tried it myself. Much better to let someone else try it.... :) Looking forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete