About Me

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Meal prepping Sunday - 2

I got the grocery delivery and saw that, I failed to order the celery roots. Bummer! I got more carrots than I needed so the carrots will be cooked with a handful of rice in olive oil and sauteed onions. I do not like the carrots alone but food is food. I am not going to waste them. Or, may be I should just run them through the food processor and consume the carrots as a salad. We'll see.

All morning I have been washing the spinach. I am using the root part of the spinach. You can buy bundles of spinach as a whole, buy prepackaged leaves or buy prepackaged roots. I like the taste of the roots but that's the dirtiest part of spinach. The package I bought said it was washed twice but, the first two washes I gave the veggies turned out pretty muddy. I think my fourth or fifth time will do the trick. Such a waste of water for two servings of spinach! Ugh!

I better go and start processing the earth apples.

In addition to meal prep, I must wash two loads of laundry, one load of dishes, change my purse (when it starts to weigh a ton, I know I have to empty it and change it) and take care of my pill box for the entire week ahead. Also the dinner table and the little table at the entrance are a mess. Things must be put in place. Nothing too tiring or too significant but chores are chores and they must be taken care of.

I just had a very late breakfast with no carbs and I am feeling very energetic. May be I will have another tea as I am peeling the veggies.

Hope you will have a more relaxing Sunday than I do.



2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of eating spinach roots. Are they round like turnips or straight? Are you going to eat the spinach leaves in a salad or cook them, too? I like cooked spinach, but it makes me throw up. I don't know why! I like them and all other greens that I cook. I thought I asked yesterday but obviously did not--what are 'earth apples'? Potatoes?

    Could you make your weekend less busy by cleaning a bit each night? When I was in school fulltime and working, I would clean the commode one night, the sink the next, and the tub the next. By the weekend, the bathroom was clean and I did not have to work on it at all. Of course, My poor bathroom did not get cleaned each and every week! a lot of little chores can get to be a burden if done all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to post pictures of the spinach roots and earth apples. I eat spinach leaves both raw in a salad and cooked sauteed with lots of onions. I do not clean at all. I have cleaning ladies who come every two weeks for both apartments. I am just messy and must pick up after myself.

    ReplyDelete