About Me

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Meal prepping Sunday

Tomorrow I will be making some meals to take to work during the week. I will make:

Spinach w/carrots
Jerusalem Artichoke (sunroot, earth apple (we use the direct translation of earth apple))
Celery Roots w/potato and carrots

All will be cooked in the same fashion. Chop onions, sautee them in Olive Oil, add tomato paste, add the veggies and simmer till done. I use a pressure cooker instead of simmering to save significant time.

I add a handful of rice to the spinach and the earth apples. I consume these two with a quiet a bit of plain yogurt preferably with minced garlic but, I do not eat garlic during the week so, that will be out this time. Besides the grocery store had the Chinese garlic only which I refuse to use. The local garlic so much better.

There is no meat in the above list. I like to buy and cook meat fresh. So, I will just figure out what I will eat for meat during the week.

I was out of a lot of staples so, I placed an order online to be delivered by noon time tomorrow. I will forgo breakfast and sleep in tomorrow. I have some pasta and meatballs for lunch leftover from today.

I bought a butternut squash last week but that will have to wait till next week to be cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment