About Me

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW - 2

Today is the day our boss gets his money and then signs the final contract. Tonight there will be a celebration dinner with a few of his close circuit including yours truly and the new management.

This week, the new management upset me by offering a very small raise to my salary and two added bonuses at the end of the year, if the goals are met. I challenged it and had my salary increased by 13% plus one bonus salary at the end of the year.

Yesterday they have sent a contract which has very risky issues for me to sign and I told them I needed time to go over it with "my lawyer". After I said that they told me to take the time to do so seemingly impressed that I already have a lawyer. Huh! Who do you think you are dancing with?

I cannot accept any risks that would be a potential problem for my money in the bank and my possessions. I have worked 30 years to have what I have and there is 0 risk I am willing to take. Unfortunately the New Trade Law in this country is loaded with lots of risky issues for upper management of corporations. Very stupid but it is what it is. Well, call me a consultant, I do not need to be a COO.

These things are popping at the very last minute and are being handled very unprofessionally for an investment company that has many acquisitions already. Their communication sucks.

We shall see how we will handle this contract which I am not willing to sign as is. If it is a deal breaker, let it be.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you imagine this risk was left to the last in order not to give you time to maneuver? I mean, you still have time. They probably think you are so invested in being employed in the new company you will acquiesce. Plus, they have gotten you to help them with the transition. So, you are a COO? And, a different title you keep the risk from you? I would go with the lesser title. It is 4 degrees F here! I am freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is some of those risky situations can be avoided by hiring specialized contractors. They lack basic knowledge and sometimes my professionalism bugs them. There will be a meeting tomorrow with their lawyers. I will consult with my lawyer today or early tomorrow. So, I shall be prepared. We may not be abşe to reach an agreement. In that case, I will have their lawyers talk to mine. And yes, these last minute things are kind of cheap tactics.
    On another note, please try to keep warm. It is in lower 50s here. Not so bad.

    ReplyDelete