About Me

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hair Salon

I have realized that the last time I had a hair cut at a salon was back in November 2016. Not 2017, 2016!

It was a layered short cut so well done that, the hair grew out even and I did not feel the need to go to the salon. I just colored my own hair every 6-8 weeks or so, to cover the gray. Easy peasy!

However, since I have been feeling stressed out lately, I decided to go to the salon and told my hairdresser, he can do whatever he wants to except for darkening my color. So, he decided to give me a balayage. I had no idea what it was just kind of knew that it was like highlights, just subtler.

After spending four hours and about USD 100.- (I know it is a steal when compared to the US prices but, I still felt it was too much), I walked out of the salon a happy camper. My hair has never had such lighter color before and I think, it suits me since I have pretty light skin. Actually, the first week of a summer vacation is pretty embarassing. I look like a big white whale and then, my color starts to turn just a little. I don't remember having a tan ever. I need a beach vacation for 6 weeks before I can get a tan. Who is that lucky?

I have been told not to wash my hair till Tuesday morning. He apparently gave my hair some special treatment after the coloring. This prosedure is not done very close to your roots, so I have been told, it is safer than the highlights.

Perhaps it was time for me to go dirty blondish at the age of 51, ha!




4 comments:

  1. After all the stress you have been under, maybe the hair salon was what you needed. I looked up that term with pictures. That look is beautiful. I have seen it and wish I could get the look. I thought you said one time your skin was dark so you could not wear a certain lipstick. We need a picture of your hair if not your skin...lol. Take it from the back like all the pictures are on the internet. I think you deserved this splurge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have someone take a picture of the hair and post it. Promise! It must have been someone else who said that she has dark skin. I cannot wear lipstick much since my front teeth are a bit forward despite the braces I had to wear as a child. The lipstick always stains my front teeth.

      Delete
    2. I have an overbite, pretty bad one. I always got lipstick on my teeth, too. Then, I started using a different brand--Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick. Right now, I am using the shade Gentlemen Prefer Pink. It is not really pale, just right. Try not to put it far back toward your mouth. I don't mean just on the edge of lip. Try this brand. It has worked for 35 years and every time I try a new brand, it fails me and I have lipstick on my teeth.

      Delete
    3. Good advice! Thank you! I will give it a shot.

      Delete