About Me

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Cannot Believe February is Over!

Life is on the fast track lately. The second month of the New Year is gone! Pooof! Just like that! Wow! When did that happen?

Yesterday we had our first Board meeting and it went well.

I have so much to do in the upcoming months, I am sure, the year will be over before I can realize it.

Today, I had to take care of a gazillion little things and thankfully, I am done with all those small tasks. Now I can concentrate on some projects.

I have been ignoring my weight. That's not good. I want to get back on track a.s.a.p.

There is a facebook group I belong to. There had been calls for help for two school libraries and one for our soldiers fighting terrorists in the South.  I bought books online and also from second hand shops to send to the schools. My second box has been sent. I have another box of books to be sent to High School Students. I am waiting for instructions as to where to send it.

I have also sent 30 care packages to our brave soldiers. I selected undergarments and socks to be sent. Other people will be sending different items such as packaged foods and etc.

Now, I am looking forward to Spring and moving to the new office.



4 comments:

  1. How do you know what size underwear, or do they give you sizes? Where do the books go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought 10 ea of M, L and XL. The commander will put someone in charge to distribute who needs what. These things are going to be used in a real combat zone. If not, they would not be needing such items. The military itself takes care of its own normally. I have sent the books to a teacher at the designated village school. Perhaps the only teacher in some cases :(

      Delete
  2. what an awesome thing to do sending the books and care packages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very generous of you - I am sure your donations will be greatly appreciated. I hate to think of kids without books!

    ReplyDelete