About Me

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Upcoming Vacation Plans

I will be taking a vacation during the first two weeks of June with mom. Last year I had a vacation all by myself in the US and this year, we are vacationing together. She no longer wants to go abroad. Too tiring for her.

We will drive all the way to İzmir on a Saturday and spend two nights at my sister's who will not be home that weekend. On Monday, we will head further south to Bodrum where we will stay at a resort. Our room opens directly to the pool and the Aegean Sea is within two minutes of walking distance. I prefer the sea over the pool but, sunbathing by the pool with mom will be nice. She no longer likes to go in the water. She says the movement of the water makes her dizzy.

We will stay there for 5 days and head back to my sister's who will be home then :) We will spend some time around that area and head back home by the following weekend.

We are planning to go to a classic car museum, visit some archaelogical sites (mom is an archeologist) that we have not been to and mostly relax.

This vacation has been booked in January at a fraction of what it would cost now and has been paid for. I am not expecting to spend much money while we are on the road or in Izmir. The resort is quiet pricey but, I have taken advantage of the early bird special booking they have offered way back in January and purchased insurance just in case we would not be able to go. I like to buy that insurance because you never know, especially when traveling with an elderly person.

I am hoping to make a long road trip in the US next year. Something on top of my bucket list for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. it sounds lovely! I agree on the insurance, better safe than sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderfully relaxing and probably just what you need after a rather hectic year.
    Where would you like to travel to in the US? Have you ever been to Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Margie. Many years ago I drove from NYC to Montreal and then to Quebec with my mom and sis. Later, I went skiing at Mont St. Anne in Quebec with friends. Love, love, love your country.

      Delete