About Me

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

At a stand still...

I have not heard about "the package" yet. I am not going to inquire about it. Nor, I will inquire about who the heck is my replacement.

So, I am waiting not patiently but pretending to be so. I am also getting uncomfortable being around the new people. I am feeling outside the circle which is actually the case but, having devoted over three years, it feels like something that belonged to me is being taken away from me which is really weird. When I think about all the change that is due, I am feeling glad that I will not have to deal with those unless they keep me as a consultant. I am thinking it is not such a great idea anymore.

Our office assistant is leaving the end of this week. I will miss her.

I just cannot seem to motivate myself. I do what has to be done and that's all.

My mood is partially due to the latest general elections in Turkey too. Unfortunately, the present president won and God knows where the country will be headed. Possibly the big mess of Middle East rather than the West. Having said that, I must remind myself that my family is rather small and the last born child is 43. We should be fine but, freedom of speech, justice, secularism, science and such will not prevail. Fundamentalist religion is on the rise.

I was born Muslim but, I have never practiced. I believe there is a God or Allah or some super being who created the universe but that's all. I think the likes of me are called Deist.

The weather is foul too. We are expecting major thunderstorms and possibly hailstorms today.

Overall, my mood is down.

Well, it'll pass I know. It always does.

The good news is my sister and her husband bought an apartment in Izmir where they have been living for the last 3 years. They were paying too much rent for a small apartment hoping that they would go back to Ankara. However, they now realize that, it is difficult for the bank to transfer them both and provide similar size branches. Both of them work as bank branch managers. They will now pay a similar amount of mortgage for a much larger apartment. It is a bit farther than the city but it is an investment. The mortgage is only for 10 years since they paid 50% down payment. So, by the time they retire, the mortgage will be paid. They have been able to obtain a very favorable fixed rate and that is a great thing in the long run. Inflation is on the rise.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose the weather, uncertainty about the package, and the government are enough to get you down. I can understand. At the rate the US is going, we will be a religion based nation, Fundamentalist Christian if they have their way.

    Won't the 43-yr-old have children? I didn't think you would like the way the election came out. Two bank managers in the family? Interesting. Will they be near you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 43 year old is an unmarried woman. So is her 2 year older sister. My sister is married and she is 44. She and her husbnd made the decision of not having childern many years ago. My sister and her husband met each other at a banking school after College. They have been with the same bank for the last 20 years and have been promoted to be branch managers a couple of years go. They live in Izmir about 6 hours driving distance.

      Delete
  2. I heard about the election, very tough for those of you living there. I am sure a lot of things are up in the air right now.I hope things get sorted with your job, so hard to deal with all of that right now.

    ReplyDelete