About Me

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Cooking and stuff...

The day before, I had done some grocery shopping. So, yesterday, I decided to cook the boneless chicken thighs. I cut them into smaller pieces and cooked them in a deep and large pan. Then, I cut up onions and potatoes and added them to the chicken. On top of everything, I placed thick slices of tomatoes and small italian peppers. Mixed tomato sauce with water and poured that in. I use only salt and pepper to season food (weird for someone who lives in this part of the world, I know). Then I covered the pan and let everything simmer until all was done. It is my favorite comfort food.

Mom doesn't feel like cooking most days and I cannot blame her. It is usually very warm and she gets tired easily. Some days, she feels better and she cooks. I do not ask her to cook anything.

I do not mind cooking but, I hate cleaning up afterwards. So, I try to be very creative and use the smallest number of pots and pans and gadgets.

I am really looking forward to having more time on hand, to plan my shopping and homemade, healthy food, exercise, pay attention to my personal care, read and relax. I am also planning to minimize my wardrobe getting rid of old items.

When I work part-time, I do not need many clothing items. I already have 3-4 business jackets. I need easy care tops to go with the jackets and a couple of pants. The pants I have been rotating and wearing everyday to work are getting pretty worn. So, when I am in the US, I will try to get a couple of pants and some tops. When I get back, I will clean out all the old items cluttering my wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. I usually only use salt and pepper, if even that. I used the crockpot for the chicken and then put potatoes and onions in. When it was almost done, I added yellow squash. So, that was one item to cook different food. I cooked the field peas and snaps in a pot, poured it out in a bowl, rinsed the pan and cooked corn in the same pot. I am with you--fewer pots and utensils.

    Do you have ac? The older I get, the less I can tolerate the heat. So, I sympathize with your mother.

    ReplyDelete