About Me

Friday, June 22, 2018

Friends

Yesterday I had dinner with an old friend visiting from out of town. We talk to each other every few weeks and whenever I am in her town or she is in mine, we call each other to get together.

I met her back in 1991. She had joined the company that I was already working for. She is a very sweet and nice person. We had a good time, had good food and wine. It was a very nice evening.

Little breaks do wonders.

I told her that I will soon be leaving the company and she agreed that it was about time and it would be best for me to work part-time.

I graduated with a BSc degree in Business Administration in June 1988 when I was 21 and started working. This year is my 30th in the Work Force. There has been times I was between jobs because I do not like to burn myself out just for the sake of making money. I am thankful that I could choose not to work every once in a while. Thanks for all the advice at Personal Finance blogs about Emergency Funds.

Today I had lunch with my ex-boss and our soon-to-be ex-office assistant. She wanted to leave right after the ex-boss did but stayed because I needed her around. However, there is no point for to stay anymore and she is going. She had been training her replacement. I will miss her but we can always get together since we will both have more time in the very near future.

The ex-boss is going on a long vacation with his family. So, it was good to see him too because, we will not see each other before mid-September. We talk on the phone and exchange whatsapp messages quiet frequently.

1 comment:

  1. It's always so good to meet old friends, isn't it? I had a two-hour phone call last Sunday with a friend I've known since we were very small. It's not the same as face-to-face, but it was so wonderful to speak with her and catch up. Sometimes it's nice to have someone to talk to who you share some history with. It sounds like it was an excellent couple of evenings! xx

    ReplyDelete