About Me

Sunday, July 15, 2018

A partnership not meant to be...

I have not talked about this here before but, a friend of mine and I was wondering if we could get into form of partnership with an American company. We would use their methodology to provide consultancy services here. I had lined up two meetings with the company during my US visit. My friend would split my travel expenses with me.

Lo and behold, she backed out and I cannot do this on my own. Too much initial investment. I am not upset with my friend because she has solid reasons and I completely understand her.

Now, I have two weeks visiting my friend in NY. I looked up plane tickets to SC to plan a visit with my other friend too but with the TL having depreciated against USD significantly,my friend no longer splitting the travel costs and buying a car, it would not be wise. So, I sent her an e-mail explaining the situation with a promise to make it up to her. Thankfully, she understands.

I am hoping to see her next year and I will plan a much longer visit.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could start a business importing American foods that people have learned to love when living in the US. ???

    Too bad a good thing fell through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Linda but there is too much bureaucracy involved in importing food. I cannot afford the investment that requires.

      Delete