About Me

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A trip to Michigan?

The other day, I was talking to my friend whom I will stay with during my time in the US. She said her daughter will go to College in Michigan and we might end up driving her there late August. That's quiet nice actually since, I love road trips and I am sure, we will have a good time.

Today, I was talking to my dad's cousin and she told me that her niece is now a sophomore in Ann Arbor, Michigan and she will be going with her in August to spend some time. Wow! What a coincidence! I am not sure if our dates will match and we will get to see each other though.

I love road trips and drives through country roads especially in the US. My favorite part of the country is New England in the Fall. Love, love, love all those rich colors and the anticipation of upcoming holidays. I miss that very much.

I had a long meeting with my replacement today and I am exhausted.



4 comments:

  1. Someday I'd love to see New England in the fall. I'm not much of a road trip person (riding long distances makes me sleepy) but sounds like you will have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would love it. I lived in that area back in the 90s.

      Delete
  2. I too love road trips and one that I really loved was to Cape Cod in May - also got to go to Martha's Vineyard - and yes, New England is a beautiful area in the US.
    I hope the weather cools down a bit for you by August - the US and Canada are scorching hot at the moment - and frankly I'm longing for Fall already. It is my favourite time of year as I love the cooler weather and the colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too hot here in Istanbul too but the weather usually turns by mid-August. I have been to Montreal and Quebec in Canada and loved both cities and the drive up and back to NY.

      Delete