About Me

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Bought the Car

Mom and I really liked the car so, I decided to buy it. My friend had haggled for me so I knew the final price. I told the sales lady that I have an interest bearing account which will mature on Friday.  She agreed to wait. I paid a small sum with my credit card which I will pay in full when I receive the bill. I collect flight miles with that card so, that is a bonus.

I gave power of attorney to one of their employees to handle the sale of the car. I only will have to go pick up the car on Monday. Meanwhile, they will deep clean the car and check it out before handing me the keys. It was pretty clean anyway. I am happy with my choice. I was hoping to spend way less money but after writing down my criteria, I had to go for an SUV type car. The price was reasonable so, I will consider this a once in a life time splurge.

While we were in the showroom, mom decided she liked the Mustang GT best. If she wins the lotto, we may buy it. After all, dreaming is free.

I am glad I did this. I will hand over the company car mid-August as I leave for good.

I get to keep my laptop and my health insurance policy till it expires in June 2019. Not bad.

Today, my replacement is coming to meet the team and we will have a barbecue at work.

Will be interesting to see this.












4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car. I'm sure it will last you a good long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What vehicle did you get? What were the criteria that led to an SUV? Congratulations on the purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing a post on it. Researched for a long time.

      Delete