About Me

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

This and that... Hair, vacation, gift and etc.

I had my hair dyed today and mom got a cut. Mom insisted that I should get more highlights so I did. I do not know who the blondie in the mirror is. Lol! I do not think I will go on with this thing. Probably by the next 4th or 5th root dye, I will go back to my own chocolate brown. Too much money, too much time.

I have started to make a list of what to bring to the US vacation. I would like to pack a very light suitcase. I need a What to Buy List too. I am not in need of much stuff except for a good pair of jeans, another pair of New Balance Shoes, some shoe inserts that I cannot find here at home, some tops and that's pretty much it. Besides the dollar has further appreciated against TL and if I had to actually buy dollars with my TL, this vacation would be utterly stupid. Thankfully, I have dollars purchased at much much lower rates.

Today we are having a barbecue at work for my retirement. Next Friday is my last day. I am still driving the company car and will do so till my last day.

I bought a small going away gift for the company. It is a decorative object, an "evil eye" thing like the one in the picture. You are supposed to display it at the entrance so, the people who envy you will not be able to harm you. It is an old superstitious thing. This is for their new office.



I wear a small one all the time. My father believed in this so, he always made me wear one. An old habit.

It has been awfully hot and humid lately and I just cannot stand it. As I am typing this, I am at work in one of the meeting rooms where there is a/c. The one in our area is broken and nobody wants to fix it or buy a new one since, this office will be vacated soon. I truly do not need to come in to work anymore but, an agreement is an agreement.





4 comments:

  1. I like the evil eye. You are probably the first person to ever give a going away gift to the company, but I love it, the sentiment. I need one of those, a small one. It might help...lol.


    Driving the car is your right, so I don't blame you. I know when exbf retired, it was sort of strange to him, but he said he adapted well...glad not to work hurting all the time.

    Take a picture of your hair. This color can be your "last hair hurrah."








    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you send me your address to tpolthetrekkie@yahoo.com, I will gladly send you an evil eye protector when I am in the US after 21st.

      Delete
  2. I have a couple of evil eyes, one bought in Turkey 20 years ago and a larger one bought in Greece last year, that one hangs in the bedroom. I did not know about hanging it an entrance though - might have to rethink it's positioning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is just a superstition but it sure wouldn't hurt if you display it at a visible spot at your home.

      Delete