About Me

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Finally! The Fridge

I was planning to clean my fridge before I went on my vacation but that never happened. So, today, I cleaned it really thoroughly using vinegar, water and baking soda. The inside is made of anti-bacterial material. I took every item out, cleaned it from top to bottom and threw out all outdated sauces and things and washed all trays and shelves. I put everything back and arranged them nicely.

Next place of attack in the kitchen will be the spice cabinet and the rest of the cabinets and drawers. Mom and the cleaning lady have different ideas of placement. I need to re-arrange everything.

I cleaned the kitchen counters too. My kitchen looks really nice now and it will be deep cleaned by the cleaning lady in a few days.

I had been gifted a huge tea maker couple of years ago and I had no use for it. It is also taking up too much space. My sister was mentioning that they needed a new tea maker, I jumped in and told her I will give her mine. So, a lot of counter space is saved. Yay!

My sister and BIL are moving to their new apartment tomorrow. I will be seeing them on Thursday or Friday. This is a bigger apartment and the best thing is, they own it. Technically they have a 10 year mortgage but, the interest rate was very favorable so, it was a great deal.

I thought I was over my jet-lag but alas! I dozed off on the TV chair yesterday and woke up wide awake at 2:30 in the morning. Not good.

I still need to put some things away and pack a suitcase for my trip to Izmir, then to the Mediterranean. Mom is bored in Antalya so, I am guessing she will be heading back to Ankara and I will directly go to Ankara after my High School re-union. The Class of 84 gets together at a resort by the Mediterrenean for 2-3 days every year. I could not go last year but, I will this year.





4 comments:

  1. I need to clean out my refrigerator! It sounds like retirement is suiting you. Enjoy your reunion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. The fridge gets messy so quickly.

      Delete
  2. I did my fridge last week and rearranged a lot of cupboards but I still have some deep cleaning to do. I've been concentrating on switching over my Summer and Winter clothes and it's always a bigger job than I think it's going to be. Almost done - just my coats & accessories to go!
    Enjoy the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the clothing. May be it's a bigger job than anticipated because we own way too much more than we need. That is something on my mind for quiet a while now.

      Delete