About Me

Friday, January 4, 2019

Frugal Day and a Robbery

Today, I found out that my grocery store was offering pretty good deals on many staples I use all the time. So, I have decided to stock up on several types of cheese, some cleaning products, milk, butter, EVOO, olives and a few other things. I also found a super deal on the best quality TP and bought 48 rolls. With the ones already on hand, I am good to go for several months.

I ended up returning the boots I bought online. They were not comfortable and my toes pushed against the boot. Keeping the shoes though. They are comfortable.

My uncle called to say that his little boat was stolen. Bummer! He sounded very upset and I can sympathize. The police said, it might be found but, we can only hope.


5 comments:

  1. A good time to stock up on deals! I always do this before the winter really sets in so that I don't NEED to go out if the weather is terrible. I try to buy all toiletries and cleaning supplies on sale so at the moment I don't need much of anything for the next 4 to 6 months (aside from kleenex and the occasional roll of paper towels) - I live in a small apt. and can only store so much.
    That's a terrible start to the new year for your uncle - hopefully he'll get lucky and it will show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie! Hope the boat will be found. It was one of the few things that gave my uncle some real joy in his retirement.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, T'Pol! I'm glad you're starting off fresh with some new makeup and footwear deals. Always a good time to get rid of old, and bring in new. Sorry to hear about your uncle's boat, though! What a shame! Keeping my fingers crossed that the police will find it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NLA for the good wishes on the boat. I am hoping that it will be found.

      Delete
  3. I so miss being able to stock up! That's too bad about your uncle's boat. Thieves just stink!

    ReplyDelete