About Me

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Gorgeous Day and Bike Riding

Today it was a bright and sunny day in the lower 50s F.. Not one cloud was to be seen. After having coffee with a friend of mine, I decided to walk by the water. There is a very long shore where you can walk your dog, grab a bite, ride your bike, bring your kids to any one of the children play areas on the Asian side. There are about three sailing schools too.

During the last few years, the local governmentn installed rental bike parks along this place. I have always wanted to try riding a bike but never dared due to not having ridden one in many years and due to my weight. My entire childhood was spent on a bike and I loved it. I think, the last time I was on one was back in 2010 when I was visiting Chicago. That was the first time ever since 1997.

Today, I decided to act courageous and try the rental bikes. They looked sturdy enough. After figuring out how the automated kiosk worked, I rented one bike and rode it. I was very wobbly at first, but my muscle memory stepped in and at the end of 10 minutes I was feeling a lot more confident.

Next time, I will be wearing sweatpants instead of jeans. I enjoyed it very much so, I am sure I will go back to doing it. It was also very crowded since it was a Sunday. I am sure İt will be much better during the week.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun - it's good to try new (old) things. I can't wait for the snow to leave so we can do some hiking, haven't done any since last summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheapchick. Isn't that amazing how we forget some things we enjoyed in the past?

      Delete