About Me

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Beginning of Tulip Season in Istanbul - Photos!

The cleaning lady came in at 9:30 and I was out the door by 10:30. I don't like being home while it is cleaned. I told her about all the food in the fridge and that she was welcome to eat whatever she fancied. When I came back home, she was about to leave and told me that, I was a good cook. Nice!

I had planned to go to this park where they have lots and lots of nice tulips this time of the year and I also wanted to get a a light brunch. I parked a little farther from one of the entrances to the park and walked all the way to the other entrance where I could have some breakfast. I took lots of pictures. I think, we need another week of good weather for all the tulips to come out. So, I should definitely go back.

I then walked past my car towards the shoreline and strolled around a bit and sat in the sun. It was cold but nice. I then went to a mall to get cash. I also needed to buy garlic and walnuts.

I am sharing some of the pictures I have taken but, they do not do justice to the beautiful flowers. The colors were a lot brighter and really lovely:








8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Tulips are one of my favorites, especially when so many different colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire city will be covered in tulips in a week or so. It is really pretty but it doesn't last very long.

      Delete
  2. oh the tulips look beautiful! and the park looks lovely - so nice to be able to get out and just relax outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really pretty and in a week or so, there will be even more tulps in the entire city.

      Delete
  3. Wow, the flowers are stunning, tulips are my favorite. Our trees are about 3 weeks behind on blooming, but I did see the first one today which is always the earliest one. We had our coldest February on record in many years and that delayed everything. So glad I could put a few flowers in pots this weekend, flowers make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulips and daffodils put me in the spring mood. I am looking forward to warmer days. Hoping that you will share the pictures of your trees when they bloom.

      Delete
  4. Stunning, your photos are amazing. I cannot wait for spring over here, I want to see some cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we are all ready for the spring.

      Delete