About Me

Monday, March 11, 2019

Off I went to the dietician!

Lately,I have realized that my weight is spiraling out of control. Due to my insomnia, I cannot go to sleep at a normal humanly hour so, I get hungry and eat late at night. Not good.

I know every detail about a healthy diet and how I can lose weight but, putting that knowledge into action is another story. So, I decided to see a dietician for accountability reasons.

Every month I will pay 95 TL, about 17-18 Dollars US which is very cheap since most of the cost is covered by Social Security. For this miniscule amount of money, I get to see the dietician and weigh in every two weeks. She gave me her mobile phone number in case I may crave something, may be in need to go out or stuff like that. That is actually very nice.

She also told me to take it easy with the exercise. She doesn't want me to be sedentary but she says for now, 30-45 minutes of a walk for three days a week is enough. I was also told to drink a ton of water. Not really, just about 2.5 liters or about 10 regular glasses a day. That is very doable because I already drink water quiet a bit.

She gave me a lot of food to eat but they are wholesome fresh foods so, let's see how I will do.

After the dietician I returned an item I had bought for the bathroom to a Home Depot like store. Then I went to IKEA to buy something else for the bathroom. I like how IKEA makes you walk all around the store even though you are there to look for or buy one thing. It is a marketing gimmick which does not bother me. I focused on what I needed to buy and did not purchase anything not needed. Also, by returning the other item and buying something else from IKEA, I was able to cut the cost in half. Plus, I walked more than 1500 steps in the store. Perfect!

In total I have walked close to 5,000 steps today. Good Job!

It is another beautiful and sunny day and I think I should pack away warm clothes pretty soon. Spring blossoms are everywhere and soon tulips will be covering Istanbul. I will surely share some pictures then.

6 comments:

  1. I love wandering around in IKEA. We don't have one on our island so only go once in a blue moon when we are back in Edmonton. Good idea on the dietician, I wish I had access to something like that for such a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The IKEA store is literally a 10 minute drive from my home. Living on an island must be cool. It makes me think about Anne of Green Gables. That's on the East though.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for taking the imitative to see a dietician. I would need someone to be accountable to, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that crazy? We should be accountable to ourselves but, that never works for me.

      Delete
  3. I probably need to make myself accountable to help me lose weight too. It sounds like you will be on a good and healthy plan. That's how I want to do it too. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day and enjoy your nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The weather report says there will be thunderstorms, rain showers and possibility of flooding tomorrow. Spring weather is so unpredictable.

      Delete