About Me

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Spring is in the air!

Today is a gorgeous day but I did not spend time outdoors as I should have. It was 62 degrees F, 17 degrees C.

Tomorrow I intend to get up early and go for a long walk by the sea. I will take a book with me so, when I feel tired, I can sit and rest a while. I intend to pack a small picnic brunch. I just made a cheese/onion/parsley pie by using fillo dough. I can pack a couple slices and a small thermos of tea.

I just snacked on a green aplle and a slice of gouda cheese with cumin seeds. Does that sound odd? It tastes good!

I will start seeing a dietician on Monday. I must focus on my health as I now have lots of time in my hands. I am trying to move as much as I can but that is not nearly enough. I will make a schedule to walk at least 30 minutes every day for two weeks and then, I will try to walk 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes in the afternoon.

I bought some chicken breasts and minced/chopped meat. I will make meat patties and freeze them today. I have salad fixings and the amount of food at home will last me at least a whole week if not more.

The cheese pie was something I missed lately and since, I will get back on a diet on Monday, I will have a few slices and freeze the rest although, it is a fairly healthy version.

Have a great weekend! Hope the weather is as good as it is in your neck of the woods.


2 comments:

  1. I've been walking 30 minutes a day too. It has to be inside for me since we still have a lot of ice and snow. I hope you'll pass along tips from the dietician. I've been counting calories and trying to make healthy meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obese and I am 52. I have tried to deal with my weight a gazillion times but, I sabotage myself after I lose the firts 20 pounds or so. I will surely share the tips and in fact much more, promise!

      Delete