About Me

Friday, March 22, 2019

Totally Jinxed It!

I thought Spring has sprung but alas! Winter is back. The sun is shining, the sky is blue but, brrrrr! it's cold out there!

Today, I went to see an endochrinologist. I have lab tests tomorrow. I am hoping that she might help me in losing weight. She talked about bariatric surgery but, I really do not want to go that route. She talked about a medicine and I am skeptical about those too.

I want to focus on losing weight by my own effort. Anyway, we'll see.

Went to get my prescription meds and made a short trip to the small grocery store to pick up broccoli, yogurt, fresh fish and some canned tuna on sale.

I will get more veggies from the farmer's market tomorrow. Need cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and anything in season. Fresh artichokes are out but, they are still expensive. Need to give it another couple of weeks.

I walked almost 5.000 steps but, I will get on the treadmill. Feeling very energetic today. Looking forward to weighing in on Monday. My scale is a bit off (weighs more) but, I am sure the dietician's scale is calibrated.

The work is still slow but, I will get a bit busy next week.

Hope, everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I know someone that did that bariatric surgery several years ago. She will never be able to eat food the same way and can only eat super tiny amounts. And quite honestly, from pics I've seen the last couple of years she's put a lot of it back on, somehow. I'd say make that your last resort after you try a healthy low cal diet and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you I have met a lady who had that and she told me she was very depressed. She advised me not to do it. She says even family gatherings are no longer fun and somethig to be looked forward to for her. Even if she eats a little mpre than she is supposed to, she ends up in the bathroom or with terrible stomach aches.

      Delete
  2. It seems you are very determined with a positive attitude for doing it on your own. Hope your weekend is great too!

    ReplyDelete