About Me

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Doctor2Doctor2Doctor

When I went to the Endochrinologist couple of weeks ago, she advised me to get my kidneys checked due to some off numbers in my urine and my high blood pressure.

So, I took her advice and saw a nephrologist today. He is not alarmed about my kidney functions but ordered another urine test and an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. He will follow up on my BP and hopefully fix it. He also told me to see a gynecologist since, those off numbers might perhaps be due to something down there.

I do not have a gynecologist since I have been avoiding them like the plague during the last... many years? I inquired if I could see someone there and they had a slot with a young nice guy right then. So, I had that awful exam and a pap smear. He doesn't think there is anything wrong and I will have the results of the pap test next week. I am so glad, this is out of the way. I do not know if I am weird but, I prefer men for gynecologists over women. They are a lot more gentle.

On 26th of April I have my routine Cardio and Eye appointments. My goodness!

I am looking to get my BP under control and be done with all these doctor visits.




10 comments:

  1. it's not something any woman looks forward to is a pap smear. Well done for getting it done though. I saw this article and thought of you: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/travel/this-new-dollar12-billion-airport-will-be-the-biggest-in-the-world-—-take-a-look-inside/ar-BBVKuMw?ocid=spartanntp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That airport is a disgrace and a symbol of utter greed and stupidity. So much money wasted on this mammoth place which is only partially open and giving a headache who travel through there. If you ever want to visit ıstanbul, do choose the Sabiha Gokcen Airport which is a lot smaller and well organized. The greedy, anti-secular, anti-Ataturk president had that built just to satisfy himself and take Ataturk's name out of yet another landmark. Uggghhh!

      Delete
  2. It's good you're getting everything checked out and hopefully your blood pressure will be under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been putting off the pap for a while, best get myself in there, it's been a couple of years. With your diet I am sure your BP will decrease - you certainly have been following it as best as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I had it done. At the back of my mind, it was nagging me and I kept shutting it off. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Good on your for getting all your health checks, I need to get a few done myself, they seem to come around faster as I get older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Time accelerates as we get old...

      Delete
  5. Well, at least they could get you in right then and get it over with. I guess having 2 kids, it's never bothered me much to have the exam done. At least now they are only doing it every few years, rather than needed every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thankful for that. If they could not get me in today, I might have had second thoughts.

      Delete