About Me

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Survived the Day out!

Yesterday, I was going to have both lunch and dinner out but my lunch was cancelled. So, that helped a lot. I woke up late and decided to wait until lunch time to eat a two egg omelette with cheese and dillweed. I also cut up some tomatoes. For dinner, I chose grilled chicken breasts and grilled vegetables. They were a bit on the oily side but since, I ate no bread the whole day, I guess caloriewise, I did well. Snacked on three dates. Had two cups of coffee with milk.

Today, I am going to do another three mile workout. I got up late and will again wait for lunch tiem to eat. I am not hungry anyway.

Lunch is a Shepherd Salad with a can of tuna. Here is how we make Shepherd Salad:

Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Sweet Peppers
Onion
Parsley
EVOO and lemon juice for dressing

Slice the onions, cut the other veggies in small bite sizes (I like them really small but that is not necessary, whatever you like) add chopped parsley and a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. I use olive oil very sparingly these days but, if you do not have weight problems, you can add more. It is healthy.

Tomorrow, I am going to Izmir and then my sister and BIL will go to Antalya for the weekend. Monday is my baby sister's 45th birthday. Mom and uncle do not know I am going too. So, it will be a surprise.

Antalya will be less than 20 degrees Celsius (mid 60's F) so, although my sistre wants to go to the beach and and take the first dip in the water, I am not sure. We may try. We love cold water and most people think we are crazy :)

In terms of my diet, It will be testing to be with the family during the weekend. My uncle is an excellent cook but, my sister is now on a low carb, gluten free diet so, he will most likely prepare light dishes.

2 comments: