About Me

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Cursed by Macbeth

- When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning or in rain?

Lately every single day has been rainy with thunderstorms. It has also been very windy. Something the three witches did not think of.

I am using a space heater as I sit in my living room. Ridiculous!

I was originally planning to go to the farmers market today but, decided against it. I do not need a whole lot of stuff and burning gas just to get a few items did not sound frugal.

After I finish posting this, I will walk to the small grocery store right by me to get just a few things I need.

Last night I had meat patties with Shepherd Salad (similar to a Greek salad without the huge Feta and olives). Finished my chili today at lunch. I like to have meat patties on hand. Here is how I make them: Shred onions, add salt and pepper, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley (not necessary) and add all this to chopped meat. Mix really well by kneading and then shape into 1/4 inch patties, freeze them with parchment paper in between. I usually make a batch with 3 pounds of meat and consume 4 patties at a time. They last quiet a while. It is easy to take them out with the parchment paper in between without having to thaw them.

I have decided to postpone the washing of the curtains. I can do that next weekend without having to rush.

7 comments:

  1. With all due respect, the three witches did think of wind:
    Second Witch. I'll give thee a wind.
    First Witch. Thou'rt kind.
    Third Witch. And I another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I must have forgotten that! Good point, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Your weather sounds like the weather we've been having. It hasn't really stopped raining since Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really long for nice and sunny weather for three days in a row. Just three days...

      Delete
  3. We're having a rainy Saturday too so no walking outside for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walked a little bit to the store near me but I cannot really say I walked at all. Such a short distance.

      Delete