About Me

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Finally! Got Warm...

All day long,yesterday the windows were open and the nice breeze blew some warmth into the apartment and it became comfortable without additional layers. I wear socks even in the summer so, they stay on. I will wait for another week or two to put away the sweats I wear at home.

I folded and put away all the laundry from the previous day and washed and hung back all the curtains in my bedroom and my spare room yesterday. Today, the living room curtains will be done. It smells really nice in the apartment due to drying curtains and the nice warm breeze. One load is out and hung, another is in and I have three more to go.

I am doing my best to keep my home tidy while I find that there are still stuff that needs to be given or thrown away. Pulled another box to see what's inside. Million more photos, very old appliance manuals which I no longer own, extremely old business card holders loaded with cards and hobby paints with brushes.

It was easy to gather what needed to be trashed. I dumped all the photos on the table to sort. I think I have another box full of photos somewhere else. I need to dig that up and go through all the photos. Some are really old, from my parents'  to my grandparents' childhoods. This is not going to be a fast or easy task. My goal is to be done by Sunday and put away everything. It looked so overwhelming that I was tempted to put them all back in the box and leave them alone. Then, I just couldn't do it.

I need to tidy up the kitchen and enjoy my coffee afterwards. Hope, everyone has a good day!


6 comments:

  1. The weather has been back and forth here and today it's cool and rainy again. I read the winter and spring are the coldest in 23 years. Sorting and organizing pictures is a challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jan! Some photos are so old, I cannot tell who is who. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Sorting old photos is a huge job. One I've started but had to put away to continue with organizing the rest of the house. My goal is to scan old photos so I have a digital copy that I can send to people who would like a copy. Glad your weather is better - it sounds like you are getting things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of scanning them too but it is even a bigger job. May be one day...

      Delete
  3. Still cold here. I've never liked trying to organize pictures either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess organizing pictures is not anybody's favorite. Lol!

      Delete