About Me

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Old Friends are the best...

Tomorrow, I am going to meet an old friend and we will go exploring in the Grand Bazaar Area. The back streets are full of stores of anything and everything. My friend is into designing jewelry and she wants to find things that she can use. I hope, it will be a nice day without rain.

The reason why she is coming to Istanbul is that her younger daughter is going to take an advanced German Language Exam at the Goethe Institute. The morning session is written and the afternoon session is spoken. She wants to go to College either in Germany or in Austria and passing this exam will mean she will not have to take a German Language Prep Class. She is a smart and hardworking kid and wants to study some type of engineering. Their older daughter is a Computer Engineer. My friend and her husband are both Electronics Engineers. Smart family! While my friend's husband waits for their daughter, we will go and have some fun.

I have met her when I was stationed in NY many many years ago working for a Turkish-American JV Defense Company. For the first 7 months, I was the only female in the Turkish group stationed out there and her arrival was a welcome change. We had such a great time roaming the streets of The Village and other lively spots at night in NYC usually leaving the guys out :) We were not being mean to them. They would get tired, bored, sleepy etc. early and would want to head back. However, my friend I would be out tll 4-5 a.m. Young and brave times...

Many people, including her dad had told me they thought it was so strange that we had become such close friends because,  our personalities were so different from each other. Yes, we are very different but, she is such a nice, level-headed and sweet person, it is impossible not to like her. I guess she saw something positive in me too and hence, we have been friends for the last 29 years.

Today, I am getting my hair dyed to look nice in the loads of pictures, I am sure we will be taking tomorrow. My roots are in a sad state and I had been just being lazy about that. Once I go back to dyeing my hair next year, it will be so much easier. I am also planning to maintain a shorter hair next year once, I am done with this balayage thing. It does look nice on long hair but, I am not the kind of person who likes to spend time styling hair.

6 comments:

  1. I agree that old friends are the best! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your friend! She sounds like a neat person. I agree, no muss no fuss hairdos are best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheapchick! I got 3 inches chopped off! My hair is fine so, I always use the baby detangling spray after washing it.

      Delete
  3. yes, catching up with old friends is really special, the Grand Bazaar sounds wonderful! would love to see some pics if you do take some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid we only took our pictures of us. When I go there next time, I promise to take some ğictures and share.

      Delete