About Me

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Beaches...

Yesterday mom and I went to a beach club. We chose to sit at a table rather than sit on the chaise lounges. I do not like to be exposed to the sun unless I am in the water. This is a picture from our table:

The picture was taken around 10:30 a.m. so, you do not see many people. The whole place was really big and it was only about 1/4 full because it was a week day and the place is a bit pricey. However, there weren't many alternatives where mm could be so comfortable. There was a nice breeze and she was able to read and enjoy the view all day. The food was excellent and so was the service. I used those steps to go in the water.

This place is called Hagia Yorgi Bay at Cesme. The water was so clean and clear. We will go back again next week after we come back from Kas. Mom is willing to go in the water which is next to impossible these days.

Here is another beach I used to go to:


It is also very nice but the facilities would not please mom. I used to rent chaise lounges under the trees rather than being under an umbrella. It was a bit crowded too.

Then we had ice cream in town in Cesme before we headed back home.

This area is a peninsula with several bays and beaches so, you can be at a different beach every day for at least 3 weeks.

The weather was much nicer than it was in downtown Izmir. Nice breeze made it very pleasant.

9 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! A breeze does make the difference when it is hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Today is good here in Izmir too.

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! What country are you in here? Pardon my ignorance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I am in my home country, Turkey. I live n Istanbul but, mom and I have been visiting my sister who lives in Izmir. There are many vacation spots around Izmir. It is right on the Aegean Sea.

      Delete
  3. Those scenes are so pleasant looking. I can imagine being there. A breeze can make a difference in comfort level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhh! It looks absolutely lovely! I'm not a sun worshipper either, and would have been more than happy to spend the entire day in the shade. What a wonderful break! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beaches look so inviting and pretty. What a perfect way to spend a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I went to Alanya for a week years ago and had a wonderful time. I would love to visit Turkey again someday.

    ReplyDelete