About Me

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Kas, Antalya, Turkey... Pictures

We had a three day weekend so mom, sister, BIL and I went to Kas in Antalya. It is further down south and on the Mediterrenean but, not as hot as Izmir. It is a very hilly and small place. Visitors make the traffic terrible and driving in the tiny streets is very tricky. We parked our car and used taxis or the shuttle service our hotel offered mostly. Since we made our reservations in different times, mom and I stayed at a hotel and my sister and BIL stayed at the bungalows by one of the beaches.

I spent tons of time in the water and enjoyed it very much. The water gets deep right away and I do love that. I am not a fan of sand.

The whole town was covered in Bouganvilles. Too bad I could not take more pictures of them.

Bouganvilles of the hotel behid ours

From our chaise lounges in the shade

From the trerrace of our hotel where we had breakfast
The picture does not do the color justice. Was much brighter in person.

More Bouganvilles

5 comments:

  1. I wish it were warm enough here so we could grow bougainvilleas.
    Of course, I could bring it in during winter. Your vacation spot is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I'll bet all the flowers smell so good, too. That's what I always liked about Hawaii, the smell of all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so stunning. I love Turkey! And I bought myself a bougainvillea for my back garden (but sadly, it looks like I'm massacring it)! Hope this comment goes through - it seems like half my comments get shot into cyber space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely, I too love those bougainvillea

    ReplyDelete