About Me

Friday, August 16, 2019

Thoughts on purging

This summer taught me an important lesson in how much clothing I actually need.

All summer long, I wore a pair of New Balance sneakers and a pair of footbed sandals I bought from Kohl's last year. I also wore two pairs of shorts and two pairs of capri pants with a rotation of 5-6 T-shirts.

Also, I found "the bra" that I love. It is a Bali front closure bra and I had bought 4 of them when I was in the US last year. I keep rotating those. The underwire broke in one of them just recently. I have many more bras that I am no longer wearing. Why keep them?

Earlier this year, I set aside several pairs of work pants that I thought I might need when I lose some more weight. Now that I am working part-time, I realize, all I need is two, may be three pairs of pants and some tops for work. I have three jackets that I do actually wear. So, I will go through work clothing  again and part with most of them.

I also have many many many pairs of socks and more than enough jeans for the Fall and Winter. I have tons of shirts, turtlenecks and T-shirts as well. I will purge quiet a bit there too.

I found two soft capri sweatpants that are now too big for me which still have the tags on. I have decided to make them pajamas utilizing two tops that are too big as well. Pajamas need to be comfy after all.

I can go on and on but, to make a long story short, I have too much to purge. I also need to buy some things such as a pair of work appropriate shoes for the summer, and casual winter boots. I intend to get them during my trip in the US.

Off to purging I go!

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty much how I am with clothes, too. I have 2 pair of tennis shoes I wear (one for working in yard, one for every day use), a few pair of jeans, and lots of t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basic clothing is what I stick with. I do not need to think what goes with which. My being retired, your working from home work in our advantage I guess.

      Delete
  2. I've gone through my closet a couple times this summer. I don't miss anything I gave away. Have fun purging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Threw a few things in the garbage and filled a big bag. Offered some things to my sister. I am done for today. Pants are next.

      Delete
  3. Purging feels so good! I did that before we moved as well, and found all kinds of things I was hanging onto because...well, why? Out they went. Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete