About Me

Friday, October 4, 2019

Missing in Action

I was missing in real action recently. Happy to report that I am almost done with my gift shopping. Two trips to the Grand Bazaar and I am done! I walked 13-14 thousand steps each day and my legs are screaming. Lol!

Lots and lots of walking is awaiting them in NYC too. I've got less than two weeks!

My friend got tickets for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. The show is not on in Turkey but, I have watched him while I was in the US and sometimes, I watch the show on YouTube.

I am going to take mom to Ankara next Wednesday or Thursday. My uncle will go to Ankara to stay with her while I am gone.

Today, I made something. A total DIY type of job. You see, I am not a handy person at all. I have this big ottoman. It is also a box where I store my throw blankets. It is awfully heavy and when we want to stretch our legs on it, it becomes a hassle to move it around in the room. So, I have decided to put wheels under it. Unfortunately the base board was so thin, I could not drill holes. I bought a scrap wood board half an inch smaller than the base and installed four wheels that move in every direction. Pat on my back! I drilled holes and screwed the wheels perfectly. I then placed the ottoman on this thing that looks like a skateboard and voila!

Mom has two of the same ottoman and she wanted wheels on them too. I bought enough hardware to take to Ankara. I am very impressed with my skill. Lol!

4 comments:

  1. that's a lot of walking! and great job/idea to put the wheels on the ottoman. I'm sure that's much easier to move now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it so much easier to move now. I do not have carpets on my floor due to my allergies and with the push of your pinky, you can send it across the room:)

      Delete
  2. Stephen Colbert is both hugely intelligent and funny, a great combo. That sounds like fun! Well done on the DIY :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheapchick. If I said the things SC says about your president for my president, I would be in jail now. I envy him for being able to express his opinion on a TV show.

      Delete