About Me

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Packed and almost ready!

Well, today I was able to fold all the laundry and put them away, packed my suitcases, cleaned up my kitchen, grocery shopped and put a lot of stuff in order.

I initially thought I should order food today but then decided to walk to the small grocery store right by my apartment complex. I bought just enough food to tie me over till I leave. It cost less than what I would spend on the order so, I am glad.

My suitcases are nowhere near the weight limit but, they are full. Some of the gifts and winter clothing take up a lot of space. If it weren't for them, I would probably be able to take only one with me.

Before I leave, I will change the sheets on my bed and the guest bed so that if anyone in the family wants to visit while I am gone, will have fresh sheets. That also means, there will be laundry waiting for me. I think, I can wash the sheets on the guest bed today and put them away before I leave. My bed sheets will have to wait. I could wash them and hang them to dry but they would collect a lot of dust. Who needs fresh but dusty sheets?

The only things that I need to pack at the last minute are my eye drops and my toiletry items.

Tomorrow, as the apartment gets cleaned, I will clean the fridge and plan my initial days in NYC.

I will go take a warm shower and have a cup of coffee and a banana now.

Hope, everyone is having a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope, I will be writing and posting pictures at east weekly if not daily.

      Delete
  2. I think planning a trip is almost as much fun as the trip itself. I know you are excited to get on your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I have butterflies in my stomach. You are so right!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you're ready! Have a fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete