About Me

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Traced my footsteps

Yesterday, I have decided to visit my old neighborhoods and the places I liked to go. It has been very nice to just drive around to try to figure out what has changed, what has stayed the same. Although the weather was not great, I still had a good time.

I am upset that many stores I used to shop at are closing. I liked JC Penney and Dress Barn and was always able to find reasonable stuff in my size. So, yesterday I decided to go to Dress Barn and found out that all stores will be closing very soon. I spent a good deal of time but did not find anything that I liked except for a nice soft sweater. The quality used to be a lot better. I really wanted to buy jeans but, could not find any that I liked.

Talking about pants, can someone please tell me what is the point of jeggings and skinny pants in sizes 18 and up? Anything I grabbed turned to be either of those and I am a size 20 with long legs and a big butt. Why on earth would I need pants that will stick everything out that I want to keep to myself?

One of these days I will go to JC Penney and see what they have available.

As I do some consulting work for textile companies, I know how little their costs are. So, paying USD 29.99-49.99 for what can be called a basic T-Shirt makes me cringe. The per unit cost is usually not more than USD 5 even for things that have beads and trims. I ma trying to spend as little on clothing as possible. It is such a waste. I would rather spend my money on travel.

Last Sunday, my BFF and I went down to NYC to see the Vessel. It was not very cold that day so, we had a good time taking many pictures. I will share them in another post.

Today I am not feeling 100%.  I feel like I am coming down with a cold which is bad because I need to leave for my road trip this Saturday. So, I just took something to help with how I feel and I am thinking chcken soup. I am also taking Vitamin C.

Spoke to my family yesterday. Mom is moving to my sister's apartment which is a very large and comfortable 4 bedroom unit. She and my uncle will be better of there. Mom was tired of her own place. When I get back to Turkey, we will put her place up for sale and try to buy a new place for my sister and BIL. We are not in a rush since they are living in Izmir due to work for the time being and I do not see them going back to Ankara any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. I have the big butt and a "need to keep things covered "body but do wear skinny jeans and leggings. I wear them with extra long tunics or short dresses that I buy to wear as a super long tunic.
    Hope you feel much better as you begin the car trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better and not getting sick!

    ReplyDelete