About Me

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Knew it was coming

My tenant called me last night to tell me that he and his wife are getting a divorce so, they will be moving out. They have only been married for a year. 

I kind of knew/suspected this was coming. Last April, they were supposed to increase the rent  according to our contract but, the young woman called me to say that her husband had lost his job due to COVID-19 and I let them keep the rent the same. I asked for her husband's CV to send to my friends in Ankara. When I looked at the CV, I found that he started at a bank, a pretty good job but then he left and kept changing his jobs frequently. It looked like he did not have any skills developed over quiet a few years and I thought he would never be able to find a job during the pandemic. She is still working for the same bank where they apparently met. I cannot know the real reason for their separation of course but, that is what I suspect.

I called my real estate broker and told him the news. If I can sell at a good price, I would like to sell. If not, it will be rented again. We'll see what happens. All I know is; I need to go see the apartment before I return the deposit. 

I must be in Istanbul till October 4th. Then, I was planning to go see my uncle. However, I may go to Ankara first, see the apartment, hand it over to the real estate guy and head South to Antalya. It is a shorter drive anyway. My uncle may want some Fall clothing items if he is not planning to go to Ankara anytime soon. On the way back, I should go through Ankara again since I must get my tyres changed with winter tyres. I have them changed and stored in Ankara. 

Seems like there are busy days and a lot of traveling ahead. Well, I guess that is a good thing before winter. I have a feeling, we will be stuck at home more.


6 comments:

  1. That's too bad about losing your renters, hopefully you will either sell or find new renters soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really do hope to sell only to buy something else at a different location.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankfully it doesn't. Keeping occupied is what I need.

      Delete
  3. Wow, only married a year and already getting divorced. That's just so sad. But I hope you get to sell if that's what you really want to do! Could be a good opportunity for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they called me separately and they both said they did not want to see each other again so, how should they return the keys to me. So sad. I guess young people rush into marriages thinking they are in "love" but, that ain't enough all by itself.

      Delete