About Me

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Deed is transferred! Done!

Thankfully, everything went smoothly this morning and I banked my money and transferred the deed of the 2 bedroom apartment to it's new owner. I was worried a little because, today was  half day due to a National Holiday tomorrow but, since the couple who bought the place did not take out a mortgage and paid in cash, everything fell into place rather nicely.

The lady is 56 years old and I am guessing her husband is a bit older, not much. They are downsizing from a big 4 bedroom apartment to this 2 bedroom because, it is easier to maintain and heat the apartment. Besides, they take care of grandchildren during the day so, an apartment complex with a large garden and security was what they wanted. I hope they enjoy their new home.

As for the money I have pocketed, I distributed it between Turkish Liras, USD and Gold Coins. I normally did not invest in Euros but, I also bought some this time. This country is headed towards very tough times due to a terrible Government. I am not looking to make money but rather, make sure I don't lose any.

I then came home prepped for dinner and left to meet my childhood friends for lunch. Ankara is definitely getting colder and after 4.p.m it was hard to sit outside. 

Then I came home, cooked dinner and ate with my SIS and BIL. As I type this, they are tidying up the kitchen and taking care of the dishes.

In about an hour we will have tea. They always have tea after dinner so, I will tag along. Not a fan of tea although tea culture is a big deal in my country. You may want to check this out: Yes, I would love to have another glass of tea! I think it is very cute and spot on.

16 comments:

  1. Nice! I love it when things can go quick and smooth (it's so rare, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats good news! its great that it went quickly and no hassles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you on the apartment sale!
    And I think I could live in Turkey since, being from the South in the US, I could drink tea all. day. long.(And often do!) 8-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like tea, yes, this is one pf the palces you may want to live. According to tea market reports, Turkey is the leading tea consumer with almost 13 pounds of tea per person every year. I am not a fan though.

      Delete
  4. So happy for you. Spreading your money around a few currencies is such a good idea. Love the video on tea - many restroom breaks needed lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a very cute video. She has analyzed us well.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the quick sale and hassle free transaction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how quickly that sale went through, even if the lady did buy cash. But good for you. That's one less thing to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You closed so quickly!! That's awesome. You are smart to divest in multiple currency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Investment baskets are the way to go when you live in a very volatile economy.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! What an exciting milestone

    ReplyDelete