About Me

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Nice day, more fish!

Today, I decided to drag my big arse to the Swedish Market at IKEA and then to the seaside to walk. I am glad I did because, it was a very nice day. Isn't it hard to believe the below pictures are from a megacity with a 15+ million population. It is a very long promenade with a bike lane, many small cafes (all closed now due to Covid-19) basketball courts, playgrounds and simple outdoor exercise equipment. You can rent a bike at various stations.

I selected a part where there were just a few people and walked for about half an hour. If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will repeat it.


Prince Islands


As you can see from the above picture, there were lots of seagulls and shags around the same spot. So, I guess there were a lot of fish there.

The islands are called the Prince Islands. They are very nice unless you go on weekends and on holidays. There are no cars except for Emergency and Service vehicles. There used to be horse driven carriages until this year but, now there are electric vehicles provided by the local government for a small fee. 

The ferry rides to the islands are pretty cool. You get to see the islands and the city from different perspectives. 

Then I went to the fish market right on the promenade and got two kinds of fish. I had bluefish (again) for dinner and I may try to make fish patties tomorrow, with the bonito I bought.

Having fish and a salad for dinner was both tasty and easy. 

After dinner my BFF who lives in the US and I watched another episode of Bosch on Amazon Prime Video. 

I should be going to bed but, I am not sleepy enough yet. Another night to struggle with sleep...



 

8 comments:

  1. Your pictures are just lovely! What a nice place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty photos!
    I should be walking because it is gorgeous here. Instead I am at Mom's everyday with the painters. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't you take short walks in her neighborhood?

      Delete
  3. It most definitely does not look like you live in such a heavily-populated (but incredibly beautiful) city. How nice to be able to find some peace and solitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Walking outside is a lot better than the treadmill.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely walk. Blogging friends on my sidebar are in Turkey right now but in Kas right now driving and hiking. Beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Kas! It is really tiny but, the the sea is beautiful. SIS and I keep talking about buying a small place there. That whole area is really nice. Hope your friends have a nice vacation.

      Delete