About Me

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Crazy Weather

Today I met one of my babyhood friends at a small park. We brought our own coffee and my friend brought a healthy oat-banana cake. We had our folding chairs. It was a glorious day, 23 degrees Centigrade, 73 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Tomorrow it will be 18C/64F with rain showers, Friday 6C/43F and there will be snow! The weekend is supposed to be cold and snowy as well. Go figure! And some say there is no global warming because it is not warm, ey? The weather is out of whack and seasons are shifting. What else is needed to believe in global warming? Eventually, farming will be in trouble and guess what that means.

Anyhow, we enjoyed our day very much and chatted away. 

Tomorrow I am going to buy a laptop computer to donate to my Alma Mater. I haven't been to the campus for a long time. It will be nice to go and stroll around. Although they offered to pick it up, I told them I would rather drop it off to see the campus again. It will sound weird but, they do not let everybody in the campus. Going through security is a hassle. 

A friend of mine got me a favorable price for the computer through a distributor. When they found out that it was for a donation, they even gave an additional discount. 

The school was actually asking for second hand computers and for a moment I thought about buying myself a new one and donating my current computer but, decided against it. I actually do not need a new computer. Mine still works fine and once I get rid of the part-time gig (yes, it is still dragging on), I will only need it for Internet, blog writing, and some MS Office apps. I decided a university student who cannot afford a computer can benefit more from a new one. Besides, I am only being frugal. I can afford a new computer anytime I want. 

Tomorrow is my baby sister's birthday. I cannot believe she is turning 48! That means I will be turning 55 in June. Yikes! I still feel somewhere between 25-30. Not physically of course but, mentally.





6 comments:

  1. You are so kind to be donating the computer to your former school. Things like this never make the news and I truly believe we should have good news channels. I think goodness can be just as contagious as evil is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne but, it is the least that I can do. I am very proud of my University. If we had an Ivy League, it would be one of the top two. There is a centralized exam for entrance to all universities in this country and to be enrolled at my alma mater, one has to be in the first 1000-1500 among 2+ million people.

      Delete
  2. You have a lot of "best years" ahead of you - I didn't start falling apart until I hit 70 and on.

    ReplyDelete