About Me

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Identifying a Lost Cause When U See One

I have participated in my last meeting for the last candidate we had submitted to the client. Phewww! I am sooooo relieved. 

I wish my friend develops the skill to identify a lost cause when she sees one. I think I partially have that skill and if it weren't for her, I would have given up this client long time ago. 

Instead of hiring someone ever since I have told her that I would no longer work, she buried herself under more work. I understand her ambition to want to make more money because, she has two kids. One is studying medicine in Belgium and the other will soon be going to College too. Her husband is retired and although he is looking for a job, he can't find one. She is the sole bread winner and that is very stressful for her. 

A part of me says I can still work and be productive whereas, the other part says I should take care of myself and focus on self and family for at least a year. I will listen to the latter.

I went out and bought some planters and soil. Need to change the planters and soil of the two plants we have at home in Ankara. Poor plants were left alone for almost two months but, they survived. Troopers! As soon as I got here, I watered them and then bought some soil amendments. However, changing the planters will probably help them further. They are rather huge plants. I bought a plastic sheet to cover the balcony with. I think, it will be a messy job so, please wish me luck.



6 comments:

  1. I'm sure that is a relief to be done with that! I'm trying to keep my 2 new houseplants alive - and I'm here every day LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom used to talk to her plants every day and she believed that helped. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the plants. It's very much touch and go with me - some make it and some just roll over and die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am not great with plants either. Shame on me, being an agricultural engineer's daughter. Lol!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being free of the job! I do feel for your friend, it's a lot of pressure on her, but you can only take care of yourself. You retired for a reason. I agree with your other part that says you need to take time for yourself. :)

    Good luck with the houseplants - great to hear that they've survived. It's so calming to have fresh green life around the place. Mine are absolutely desperate for repotting, but are still going quite well despite my neglect. I'm always looking for more, however, so who knows what I'll come home with if I visit a nursery? Yikes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a tougher job than I imagined. The plant is huge and some roots need to be separated. I am still sontemplating whether I should touch it or seek professional help.

      Delete