About Me

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Too Much of a Good Thing

I miss my home! I know, I am lucky to to go to the beach every day but, it has been almost two and a half months since I left home. I miss my other clothes. Lol! Day in day out, I wear the same few outfits that I rotate and wash them every week. I also miss my own routine and being on my own. Uncle is actually fantastic. He does his own thing, I do mine. He takes care of dinner and clean up of the kitchen. I don't do much except for an ocassional mopping and dusting. Still, I have lived on my own for so long that, I miss it.

I enjoyed the sea quiet a lot. I have been using SPF 50 Sunscreen but, my color has definitely changed. It has also started to get warm here. It has been below 80℉ /27℃ for quiet a while and I was comfortable. Today I feel the heat.

I brought 7 books with me and I started reading the last one yesterday. I walked a lot, swam a lot and spent hours at the beach.

On Monday and Tuesday, I will hang out with my uncle and go to some farther beaches and most probably, I will head back on Wednesday. Before I go home, I will go to Ankara and stay for a week or so. I would like to see a few friends and go to the cemetary. I will also take an old lady who was my father and mother's friend to shopping. She is 83 and is taking care of her 90 year old husband who used to be my father's colleague. Whenever I go to Ankara, I go visit them and take her out for her big shopping to stock up on certain items. We call each other weekly. They lost their older son last year to a heart attack. The younger son lives in the UK. He just had a heart attack too and is recovering. He can't come to Turkey often. Once a year is what he can do but, due to the pandemic, he couldn't make it in quiet a while.

I am sure, my apartment is in desperate need of  a deep cleaning. I am hoping that my cleaning lady can come. 


6 comments:

  1. Talking of buying a second home with someone once they mentioned that rather than do that "you could rent for 3 months in Spain over winter - it'd be much cheaper". But when I thought of it, 2 weeks away from my home is more than enough for me, no matter what the weather when I get back. Two weeks just seems to be the right amount of time to recharge my batteries and be glad to go home, so I absolutely get what you're saying. And it's very good of you to take care of that older lady (and to keep in touch with her). I'm sure she's really grateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider that lady and her husband an aunt and an uncle. They knew me since I was born. If dad or mom were around, I am sure they would be helping her with such chores.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, it doesn't seem like it's already 2 months since you left home for the trip. I don't blame you. I don't think I could do more than 2-3 weeks away at a time. I have a friend that she and her husband travel more than they are at their home. I just can't imagine it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically ran away from the wide spread COVID-19 back in early April. Then came the lockdown and I had to postpone my beach vacation. Normally, I would have been home by now. It would have been very hot overe here by early June but, the weather was milder than normal.

      Delete
  3. Like you, I can’t do more than 2 months at the time. I used to go for even longer periods when my mom was living and I was younger. I am not traveling now because of the pandemic and I am missing my Mediterranean Sea terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The area is now too hot for me. I escaped after two great days of swimming.

      Delete