About Me

Friday, July 23, 2021

Learning About Thyself and a Nicer Day

My sister got sick the morning after they went to Ankara. She was running a fever and her digestive system was completely out of whack. I freaked out and was about to go to Ankara when she told me to stay put just in case it might be COVID-19. Oh boy! She has had the Chinese vaccine so, the effectivity is somewhat lower and she works at a bank and she has chronic liver condition and... and...and. My mind suddenly switched to overdrive and I was thinking of extreme scenarios.

Then, I had a totally sleepless night, then I stopped exercising, then I slept during the day and fell of the "watch what you're eating" wagon. 

Today she felt better enough to go outside and visit her in laws. She thinks she possibly had some sort of a food poisoning. That was only one of my scenarios which I had quickly dismissed.

I love my sister to the end of the galaxy and back. I cannot stand her getting sicker and weaker for whatever reason and I cannot even imagine outliving her. This is my biggest fear in life and even she catches a simple cold or tells me she has a headache, I become a mess. Even typing this, I feel terrible.

Although I am not totally relaxed, since she felt better, I felt better too and went to the seaside. Bought a cup of coffee and went back to reading my book in the shade which I had been ignoring lately. I also exercised today and that made me feel better too. So, it was a nicer day.

My dad was the biggest worrier in our family and he only lived up to my current age. I used to make fun of him and roll my eyes because he was such a worrier. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had such a horrible day worrying about your sister. If it were ny sister I would be like you were today. I would offer some platitudes about worrying, but at times I am a worrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! I know it doesn't help the situation when I worry but, a gloomy side of my mind takes the controls in such situations.

      Delete
  2. Oh, dear! I'm very glad your sister seems to be much better. Sometimes it's hard not to catastrophise things, even if they turn out to be so much simpler. It's exhausting, isn't it? Easy to maintain self care and consideration when all is right in our worlds, and harder - but more necessary, really - when it's not. Hope she fully recovers and you can get back on track. Take care of yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NLA. They are going back home today and she has recovered. It must have been food poisoning or a stomach bug thankfully. I must push myself harder when depressive thoughts hit.

      Delete
  3. If your sister already has health issues I think it's only natural that you worry about her when she is off colour. She obviously means the world to you. I'm glad she's ok now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just can't help worrying but, now that she is better, I am better too.

      Delete
  4. My MIL used to always think the worst when anyone was sick, even with a cold. One time years ago, (I can't remember now what dh's little malady was at the time) she apparently made it sound to dh's brother like he was about to die. Brother calls dh up and dh says I'm fine. Brother says, ya I figured you just had a cold or something, LOL. Glad your sis is feeling better and it was nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete