About Me

Monday, July 26, 2021

Monday Stuff

Believe it or not, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. this morning. I felt like I had been well rested so, after a late breakfast I headed outside. However, it was too hot to even sit in the shade and read. After a half hour of that, I looked up to see if there was an open fresh produce market (or a farmers' market) in the area I was in and luckily I found one within less than two miles.

I bought fresh produce and then, headed to the grocery store for meat, cheese and few other things. Tomorrow, I am planning to make rice stuffed bell peppers in olive oil. This is a cold dish and honestly, I do not need anything warm these days. 

Here is a recipe in case you wonder what the rice stuffed bell peppers are like. Our bell peppers are much smaller with thin skin. When I am in the US, I make this with Cubana peppers for my friends. I also do not use dill weed or all spice and use waaaay less cinnamon. 3 teaspoons called in the online recipe can be overpowering. I use just half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon full of dried mint leaves which are usually found in health food stores in the US.

Tonight, I am going to bed around 11 p.m. and see what happens. I so want to get back to a regular sleep routine. I do not like to live like a vampire.

Have a great week!



8 comments:

  1. I have a strong dislike of green bell peppers but love the red/orange/yellow varieties. Usually we stuff our peppers with ground meat or a mixture of meat and rice and it's a hot dish. Your recipe would be good stuffed in a cooked squash too I am thinking but then serve cold?
    You have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stuff them with a chopped meat, onions and rice mixture too. Usually we stuff bell peppers, tomatoes and zucchini with the meat mixture but yes, all can be stuffed with rice and served cold.

      Delete
  2. I like your recipe. I use the same type of pepper we call Italian peppers here. I like also to use a Tunisian recipe( my mother’s). I stuff them with cooked ground meat, onions, eggs, parsley, bread crumbs, and hard cheese like Romano or Parmesan. We baked them and serve them with a marinara sauce. The traditional way is to fry them, remove. the skin, then layer them in the marinara sauce to cook for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stuff them with uncooked meat, rice, chopped onions and parsley and cook them on stove top with some tomato sauce water mixture.

      Delete
  3. Oh that recipe looks wonderful. I'll have to give it a try! And I know what you mean about living like a vampire. I usually go to bed around 1 a.m. and I had to be up at 6.30 this morning because I was keeping my grandson. I think it would do me good to get on a more normal schedule too, but I don't have much hope of going to bed before midnight to be honest. Good luck to you, from one vampire to the other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you decide to make the recipe do remember to use a little cinnamon. 3 teaspoons are too much.

      Delete
  4. I love bell peppers and have them stuffed often. I book marked your link and will try them soon. I have a bumper crop of banana peppers that I think would work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will work as well. Just make sure you use less cinnamon, like half a teaspoon.

      Delete